Friday, May 3 - Fly Days at the Gillespie Cafe
- 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Music begins at 4:30 p.m. by a band to be announced. Beer, wine and appetizers are for sale. Go to www.ag1caf.org/flydays
Saturday, May 4 - Gillespie Pilots Association Meeting
- 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Held at the Gillespie Administration/Terminal Building, 1960 Joe Crosson Drive, El Cajon, CA 92020. Free donuts and coffee are served! For more information, go to www.gillespiepilots.org
Saturday, May 4 - Young Eagles Event
- 10:30 a.m. to noon. Held at the Gillespie Administration/Terminal Building and the East Transient Ramp, 1960 Joe Crosson Drive, El Cajon, CA 92020. Website: www.seeyoungeaglesfly.org
Sunday, May 5 - Historic Aircraft Display Day - 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. on the East Transient Ramp next to the Gillespie Administration/Terminal Building.
Thursday, May 9 through Sunday, May 12 - Annual West Coast Regional Stearman Fly-In. Hosted by Allen Airways on the southwest side of Gillespie Field. This is an invitation only event. Please note that there will be a few formation flights each day in and around Gillespie Field by these beautiful vintage planes.
Tuesday, May 21 - Gillespie Field Development Council Meeting - 6:00 p.m. Held at 200 Civic Center Way, El Cajon (downtown El Cajon in the City government buildings).
Saturday, May 25 - Flight Review Class
- 9:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. This course covers the ground portion of your flight review. You will still need to fly with a flight instructor to get a sign off for a flight review. This is one of the best deals in aviation education. Cost $15, which includes lunch. For more information, contact Golden State Flying Club at (619) 449-0611
, or go to www.gsfc.com
Wednesday, May 29 - Military Night
- 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Downtown El Cajon on Main Street. There will be a fly over of different aircraft at 5 p.m. If there are any pilots interested in flying over this event, please contact John Telles at (760) 458-4230
Friday, May 31, Saturday, June 1 and Sunday, June 2, Wings Over Gillespie Airshow,
Opens each day at 8:30 a.m. Friday is Education Day with school kids visiting Gillespie Field. Website: www.ag1caf.org